Allergy-Friendly Dynamite Loaded Fries is super easy and perfect for both kids and adults alike. Inspired by the PF Chang’s Dynamite Prawns and is dairy, egg, prawns free and naturally gluten-free. You can serve this dish as a snack or even a meal.
This recipe contains fries, fried boneless chicken and the dynamite sauce. Read on to learn how I made these egg and dairy free.
In this recipe we use boneless skinless chicken cubes instead of prawns, to make it shellfish free. You can use boneless beef cubes or even minced meat. For a vegan version use plant based meat alternatives.
Preparing the meat
To cook the chicken you can marinate it for 30 minutes then deep or air fry or you can also just saute the chicken in a little bit of oil until it is cooked through.
Making the sauce for allergy-friendly loaded fries
The dynamite sauce has mayonnaise which has eggs. Since we are making it egg free. I used dairy free cream to give that creamy texture. The taste may differ slightly but not very noticeable. You can also use dairy free yogurt instead to give it more mayonnaise like texture.
Instead of the chili garlic and sriracha sauces, I simply added crushed red pepper. For the ketchup, I used my favourite pasta sauce but you can use all the sauces if you like.
Preparing the Fries
There are two options to prepare the fries
- Use store bought fries
- prepare the fries from scratch at home
You can either deep fry or air fry for a little healthier option.
Soy Free Chicken Filling
I have used soy sauce to flavour the chicken. If you cannot have soy then simply leave out the soy sauce and adjust the salt to taste.
Serving the allergy friendly loaded fries
- Use fries as a base for the chicken mixture
- Use rice or noodles
The best way to serve the Allergy-Friendly loaded fries is hot. However, you can prepare the chicken and sauce ahead of time, then just before serving fry the fries and warm up the chicken then layer the chicken and sauce on top and serve.
Allergy Friendly Loaded Fries RecipeCourse: Mains, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Allergy Friendly Dynamite Loaded Fries is super easy and perfect for both kids and adults alike. Inspired by the PF Chang’s Dynamite Prawns and is dairy, egg, prawns free and naturally gluten-free. You can serve this dish as a snack or even a meal.
For substitutions see notes below
1 tablespoon cooking oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 lb chicken boneless small cubes
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon paprika powder
salt & black pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon pasta sauce
- Dairy & Egg Free Dynamite Sauce
1/2 cup pasta sauce
3/4 cup dairy free cream
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon crushed chili pepper (optional)
homemade/frozen fries, as required
green onion leaves, for garnish
- Sauce Preparation
- In bowl, add all the ingredients under sauce, mix until well combined & set aside.
- Cooking the Chicken
- Heat cooking oil in a pan, over medium heat, add garlic, cook for a minute.
- Add chicken and cook until it changes color
- Add all the seasonings and sauce, cook until the chicken is cooked through & set aside.
- Preparing the Fries
- Prepare and cook the fries as per the package instructions or as how you make them at home.
- On serving platter, spread the fries, drizzle the sauce, add the chicken mixture, then drizzle the sauce again.
- Lastly, garnish with green onion & serve hot!
- Use mayonnaise instead of dairy-free cream if you can
- The chicken filling can be made ahead of time
- Soy Substitute: leave out the soy sauce and adjust salt to taste
6 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Cholesterol 23mg 8%
- Sodium 639mg 27%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 143mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 10g 20%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.